To achieve the goals of a Smart Grid, electric utilities require highly reliable, accurate data acquisition and control in a substation to respond to real-time events with appropriate actions. Survalent's line of substation controller products, combined with SCADA and HMI enable 100's of utilities world-wide to increase reliability in their systems while reducing maintenance and other operational costs. Working with utilities for over 45 years has given us a deep understanding of utility-specific requirements and a unique perspective of our customer base. We have tailored our products to our customer needs for substation automation.
Survalent's substation automation solution ensures reliable power delivery and provides you with state-of-the-art performance, flexible architectures, and open standards such as IEC 61850 and DNP 3.0.
Gateway is a software automation solution to convert protocols from substation devices, such as Intelligent Electronic Devices (IEDs), to a standard protocol to achieve interoperability. It can run on any substation hardened computer running Microsoft Windows operating system.
IED points can be mapped to the Gateway using our database editing tool STC Explorer, imported from MS Excel spreadsheets, or automatically created using our IED Wizard.
Interoperability is setup in the Data Exchange by defining Servers, Virtual RTUs, and Datasets. The Servers editor allows you to define links to other systems. For each link, you specify the type of interface, the communications ports or IP addresses used to access the other system, and other communication parameters. The Virtual RTU editor is used to create one or more Virtual RTUs for each server. Each Virtual RTU references a Dataset of SCADA points whose values are to be reported to the client. Supported Servers include: ICCP, MultiSpeak, OPC, DNP 3.0, Modbus, and QUICS IV. The Datasets editor is used to create sets of points that are referenced by the Virtual RTUs. Each dataset contains blocks of status, analog, control, setpoint, and accumulator entries to which SCADA points can be mapped.
- Hardware platform independent
- The Gateway data exchange servers are designed to make data appear to other client systems like it is coming from one or more RTUs. It can support multiple master stations or client applications.
- Complete Datasets can be created and assigned to multiple Virtual RTUs. This means that the same data can easily be sent to more than one master system without having to maintain duplicate dataset definitions for each Virtual RTU.
- Points are easily added to the Virtual RTU with the drag-n-drop point browser. Our Virtual RTU application includes all the editors for setting up the communication connection and how the data is formatted when polled by the other system.
- Gateway runs the same baseline software as our SCADA master station:
- Multiple redundancy
- NERC CIP compliance
- Gateway is fully scalable. Applications such as Event Data Recorder, GPS Clock, and Voltage Reduction can be added to extend the capabilities of the gateway.
- HMI can be added to the gateway to provide a full graphical user interface based on our SmartVU GUI